Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Journey of a Dreamer (Part I)

A couple of days ago, I finally set out on accomplishing the dreams I have had in my mind for many years now. I embarked on a adventure where I would see myself moving from Orlando, Florida all the way to San Francisco, California. It's quite an intimidating thing when I've taken time to think about it: Moving with little to no money, no initial place to stay but a hostel for the time being. The only plus I have from this was the fact that I was able to secure a job before I ever came into the city.

So here I am, I land in San Francisco International Airport. The air so crisp..so clean. The vibe in this part of the country is one that I've wanted to be a part of for so long. The culture here is one that oozes creativity and positivity, two things I bring to the table without a question. The people here are very friendly, most of which working professionals, who are set on enjoying the day rather than the day passing by.

I think that's the problem with most people nowadays, that the day can sometimes be a burden for them and they resort to doing whatever they can to satiate the hours of one day. I'm enjoying where I am right now despite the circumstances and I'm grateful to be where I am right now. Not many people can say they've done what I'm trying to do right now. But of course, this is no competition for me, this is a marathon that I must pace myself for and stay on track.

My intent is to write my blogs about the adventures I have here in San Francisco every day for people to know what it's like to be poor in the city and be able to succeed here. It's all about being positive and driven, that's gotten the most successful people to where they are today and I shall do the same for myself. Let this be a reminder for everyone: It's not about HOW you got there, it's only about the fact that you DID get there.

Peace and Kelp.

-Paulus Singletary

No comments:

Post a Comment