Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Journey of a Dreamer (Part II)

So I think it's fair at this point to make an assessment of my time living in San Francisco, which also has a more distinguished nickname, "The City": The people in this town are very friendly but also very driven. Everyone has somewhere to go, to do something, and less time thinking about it. You can see it in their pace of walking, or running for that matter. Innovative ideas seem to be stemming from the even simplest of places, boundless hotbeds of ingenuity at its finest.

At first I always noticed the tourists in the city and then did my own thing. But as time has gone on, they become yet another thread in this diverse and colorful quilt of a town. I've examined the different cultures of every neighborhood from all the walking that I've been doing. Every one of them has a certain trait that gives them a somewhat definitive "edge" over another, yet all works in clear harmony. That's the beauty of this city, there is indeed competition but its more friendly and in the sense that overall, everyone wins.

I'm happy to say that my school situation has finally been sorted out by enrolling into Academy of Art University, which is right in the heart of San Francisco. Its just one small step towards the ultimate goal of being the YOUNGEST director to win an Academy Award. So I'm crazy, along with my dreams...but hey, that's how I've gotten to this point. I didn't waver to anything because I knew I couldn't stand the fact of being complacent back home working a regular job at a grocery store or something similar to that for perhaps the rest of my life. I'm better than that (no pun intended) and intend on doing just that.

Just the other day, I took my daily walk to the Golden Gate Bridge. Hell of a walk really, but a walk I wanted to undertake. Just as I arrived to the starting point of walking the bridge, I encountered a sense of pride from other people around me. The type of pride one exudes from something being accomplished. I too started to exude the same pride along with the others: Prideful of where I have been and where I am....the countless days of doubt on whether or not I could see this dream of mine become a reality. I saw the bridge in front of me and from there, I sensed the opportunity, that the opportunity was there for the taking. But it was up to me to make it all happen, and I'm okay with that.

Let's just hope that I devour every one of them, because I am starving.

Peace and Kelp.

-Paulus Singletary

No comments:

Post a Comment