Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Journey of a Dreamer (Part IV)

So I find myself in a bit of an unnecessary conundrum: As I've found out from these last two months of living in San Francisco, everything comes at an extreme price. Land is scarce, property scarce, and optimism may at times be scarce. Plus side of this however, is being able to find lot's of opportunity. I mean it's all out there really, there's not shortage of it. I just feel that people aren't necessarily trying everything they can to seize them, they're simply wading along with hopes they'll come their way.

I admit that this was my first problem moving into the city. I thought that at some point, certain opportunities would be right there for me and I would be on the fast track towards success. That wasn't the case lol but I've learned to remain positive and hungry for every possible opportunity that comes my way. You know, everybody finds themselves stuck in a rut at some point, it's inevitable. Things we can't control will often times be reckless and unpredictable. But you know what, I think I prefer it way because it keeps life very entertaining and keeps myself on the edge of my seat.

So it's very simple: I'm at a crossroads right now with my living situation because I have frequented from one hostel to the other right in the heart of the city. It's been a great experience nonetheless but it's time for me to move on to find permanence. I've been working in the city since and I'm enrolled in school but the idea of staying in a place with foreign tourists rotating in daily will become a constant hinderance on my studies but of course the options of living somewhere cheap isn't plentiful.

Something has to be done and as of right now, I have been and will continue to get things done. Life will be aggressive and keep you off track, but just try your hardest to remain on the same path you started and eventually you'll come across something much smoother. I don't want to sound so repetitive like others before me on this but its very true. Just be positive and don't make excuses for things that didn't go your way, especially if you didn't do enough to make something happen for you.

Today isn't a struggle but a tug of war. Your on pace one day, and another you're falling behind. Just play along and don't try to do it all at once. So that being said, I will stay in a hostel the rest of the week but during this week I will do everything I can to be gone by the end of this week to something more favorable.

Cheers to better days everyone, may everything be beautiful for you today.

Peace and Kelp.

-Paulus Singletary

No comments:

Post a Comment